Fan-favorite Dr. Angela Wicker-Ramos is back! This time, she’s updating us on how her practice was exploding pre-pandemic, how she & her team navigated changes quickly over the past year, & how she’s now running a non-profit foundation to help even more patients with cancer.
Tune in to hear her talk about all of these amazing things, plus the advice she gives to those trying to carve their own path. For more information on her non-profit foundation, check out Moving Beyond Cancer Collaborative.
Angela is the owner, director of rehabilitation, certified lymphedema therapist, and oncology physical therapist for CRIM. Since 2008 her specialty areas have focused on oncology rehabilitation and lymphedema treatment.
- Doctorate of physical therapy from The University of Texas Health Science Center at San Antonio.
- Master’s of physical therapy from The University of Texas Health Science Center at San Antonio.
- Bachelor’s of science in kinesiology from The University of Texas at Austin.
- Bachelor’s of science in allied health sciences from The University of Texas Health Science Center at San Antonio.
- Academy of Lymphatic Studies (ACOLS) certified lymphedema therapist.
- Lymphology Association of North America(LANA) certified lymphedema therapist.
- Survivorship training and rehabilitation (STAR) program from 2012–2015.
- Physiological Oncology Rehabilitation Institute (PORi) oncology rehab certification.
- Training through the APTA on Women’s Health and Pelvic Floor Dysfunction.
- Advanced training in head/neck and genital lymphedema treatments.
Angela has helped develop several outpatient oncology and lymphedema programs: including Lovelace Women’s Hospital, Sullivan Physical Therapy, Seton Medical Center Austin, Seton Breast Care Center and Texas Oncology. Angela was the Director of Health and Wellness at Texas Oncology from 2018-2019.
Member and contributor of the following committees and organizations: Moving Beyond Cancer Collaborative, Austin Cancer Support Coalition, Young Breast Cancer Survivor Advisory Council, Lymphatic Education and Research Network, National Lymphedema Network, Multidisciplinary Cancer Conferences at Seton Cancer Care Collaborative, Livestrong Cancer Institute, and St. David’s Hospital.
Participates in community and national presentations/educational events including:
- Frequent guest lecturer for the physical therapy doctorate program at Texas State University and Austin Community College
- Presenter and course developer at professional conferences including the National Lymphedema Network, Head and Neck Cancer Alliance, and Texas Oncology Survive and Thrive.
- Developer and instructor for an Oncology Rehab Continuing Education Course for Medical Professionals on PTWebucation
- Author of an article in the APTA Private Practice Impact Magazine on the topic of patient centered care
- Local support group presentations for organizations including the Breast Cancer Resource Center, Cancer Support Community of Central Texas and Livestrong at the YMCA
She has also been interviewed regarding oncology rehabilitation & lymphedema for the following podcasts & radio shows: The Stupid Cancer, The Onco PT, The Dr. Carol Show, Pelvic Zen Blog Radio, Beyond the Boobie Trap, Seton Healthline, Dr. Jarod Carter Blog.