It’s the most wonderful time of the #OncoPT year! We are so excited for the virtual APTA-CSM 2021 experience, & we’re highlighting some of favorite parts in today’s episode.
Manual Therapy & Exercise for the Management of Upper Quarter Issues in Breast Cancer – friend of the podcast Lisa VanHoose is presenting here!
Bite-sized chunks of great research from all kinds of speakers. This year, they are pre-recorded in short videos with access to the pdfs for your enjoyment.
- Amy Compston – Rotationplasty Rehabilitation Protocol: A Complex Case Report
- If you want to see Amy present at the Virtual Oncology PT Summit, register here (my affiliate link).
- Alexandra Hill – Early Rehabilitation for Lymphedema & Brachial Plexopathy due to Metastatic Breast Cancer: A Case Study
- Chris Wilson – Health Promotion, Wellness, & Prevention Practice in Oncologic Physical Therapy
- Academy of Oncologic PT Business Meeting & Celebration of Life – Tuesday, February 9 @ 7:30-9:00pm
- Academy of Oncologic PT Hospice/Palliative Care SIG Meeting – Wednesday, February 10 @ 7:30-8:30pm
- Academy of Oncologic PT Lymphedema SIG Meeting – Wednesday, February 10 @ 7:30-8:30pm
- APTA Oncology Student & New Professionals Subcommittee – under outside CSM events – Wednesday, February 17 @ 6:30-7:30pm
- Academy of Oncologic PT Pediatric Oncology SIG Meeting – Wednesday, February 17 @ 7:30-8:30pm
- Academy of Oncologic PT HIV SIG Meeting – Wednesday, February 17 @ 7:30-8:30pm
- Academy of Research – Early Career Researcher SIG Meeting – Thursday, February 18 @ 6:30-7:30pm
- Academy of Oncologic PT Balance & Falls SIG Meeting – Thursday, February 18 @ 7:30-8:30pm
- Academy of Oncologic PT Residency SIG Meeting – Thursday, February 18 @ 7:30-8:30pm
- PT Proud Meeting – Tuesday, February 23 @ 7-8:30pm
Section & Academy Exhibits
While the Academy of Oncologic PT doesn’t have an exhibit here, many other sections & academies of the APTA have virtual exhibits where you can check out resources, learn about the section & how you can get involved, much like the in-person exhibit hall we’re used to trekking.
Other Fun Stuff
Virtual Yoga with Melodie Daniels – videos available to watch under “Rest & Refresh”
See you around APTA-CSM 2021!