The past two years (yes, that’s how long this podcast has been around!) have been quite the learning experience. It’s stressful & frustrating trying to navigate the OncoPT world as a new practitioner, but you’re not alone. I’m sharing the top 10 lessons I’ve learned in my early OncoPT career, including some mistakes I learned from & what I’m planning next.
- You won’t know everything.
- You don’t have to know the answer all the time – death.
- It’s okay to grieve in your way.
- Don’t take yourself so seriously.
- Red flags still apply in the OncoPT world.
- You get to pick your battles.
- You can fire a patient.
- Keep learning.
- It’s okay to change.
- There is an awesome community here for you.
So here’s what to do next:
- Reach out to one person in the OncoPT world – odds are, they’re going to be really excited to hear from you!
- Join TheOncoPT Online Community Facebook Group – we can’t wait to see you there!